Every LeafSide meal provides on average 10 or more serving units from Dr. Greger’s Daily Dozen food groups — the highest standard in evidence-based WFPB (whole food plant-based) nutrition. Just add water to enjoy all the benefits, without the work.
Black Bean Chunky Tomato Soup
Warm up with this savory, smoky soup that’s seasoned to satisfy! 🍲 It’s a bean bonanza bursting with bold flavors in every spice-filled spoonful of black beans, tomatoes, onion, garlic, and lime.🍅🧄 Creamy blended walnuts and rich porcini mushrooms add depth to create a filling meal you’ll want to enjoy again and again. 🤤🍴
- Can you believe this recipe has 23 grams of fiber — over three-quarters of the RDA? 😮 It’s also low in saturated fat, making it a heart-healthy choice for lunch or dinner. 💕 And with 23 grams of plant protein, this thick & chunky soup can boost your energy and stabilize your blood sugar throughout the day. 🏃🏻♀️
- Hearty black beans are one of the protein-packed staples of diets in the Blue Zones and contain resistant starch that can boost short-chain fatty acid production and reduce your risk for type 2 diabetes. 👍🏻 The fermented goodness of miso 😋 makes your gut even happier: it can improve microbiome diversity, which is associated with better overall health. 🌱
- The familiar flavor depth of rich red organic tomatoes 🍅is abundant here, and besides micronutrient benefits like potassium, tomatoes are laden with powerful antioxidants and anti-inflammatory phytonutrients, including lycopene — known to help lower risks of depression, heart disease, and some cancers.
- Flax seeds and walnuts do more than add a delicious, nutty touch to this soup! Lignans in flax may help prevent cancer, while eating walnuts could improve your critical thinking skills and prevent cognitive impairment. 🧠 Who knew soup could be brain food?
- Glucosinolates from tender cruciferous kale produce sulforaphane, which reduces the risk of cancer by supporting natural detoxification and cellular DNA repair. As a significant source of folate, this green leafy veggie supports healthy cell division and nutrition. 🦠
Just add water to take your taste buds on a tour of the southwest! Enjoy this hearty meal on its own, with a side of oil-free corn tortillas, or poured over a baked sweet potato for a truly delightful dish. 🥘