Garlic Herb Potato Leek Quiche
Garlic Herb Potato Leek Quiche
1 Creamy Potato Leek soup + 11 ingredients
Makes 2 Quiches Servings
PREP TIME: 45 minutes • COOK TIME: 40 minutes
WHEAT FREE | NUT FREE
Revel in the French-inspired flavors of this creamy, savory dish that’s perfect for any meal. This recipe makes 2 beautiful quiches, or you can omit the crust to make two frittatas. You’ll be thrilled there are leftovers of this irresistible combination of velvety protein-packed tofu, potassium-rich potatoes infused with garlic & herbs, and the delicate onion flavor of nutrient-dense leeks. Bon appetit!
1 Creamy Potato Leek soup
2 medium potatoes (red or Yukon preferred)
4 cups vegetable broth (recommend low sodium & no oil added)
1 large leek
1 tsp. garlic powder
1 tsp. herbes de provence
1/2 tsp. turmeric
ground black pepper to taste
3/4 tsp. sea salt (optional)
1 (16oz) extra firm tofu
2 tbsp. plant milk
2 pie crusts (bonus recipe)Bonus Recipes
– 12″ or larger skillet
– food processor fitted with S-Blade
- Dice potatoes and add them to a 12″ or larger skillet with 1 cup vegetable broth. Cook over medium high heat for 8-10 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Make sure the leek is washed thoroughly to remove any sand; dice and add to skillet, along with LeafSide’s Creamy Potato Leek soup and the remaining 3 cups vegetable broth. Stir thoroughly.
- Add garlic powder, herbes de Provence, turmeric, black pepper, and salt (if using). Stir again and cook 10 more minutes or until everything is heated
through and potatoes are soft.
- While the fi lling cooks, pre-heat oven to 375.
- Gently squeeze excess water out of tofu & break into at least 4 parts while placing into the bowl of the food processor fitted with an S-blade. Blend until creamy, stopping to scrape down the sides as needed. Add no more than 2 tablespoons plant milk if needed to get the mixture smooth.
- Remove from heat and add tofu to skillet with everything else and combine thoroughly. Spoon into pie shell, smoothing out mixture evenly (or smooth out & keep in skillet if oven-safe or spoon into an oven-safe pan for frittata).
- Bake for 25-35 minutes or until golden brown and slightly firm to the touch; edges should brown and pull away slightly. Allow to sit for 10 minutes before cutting. Garnish center of quiche with fresh rosemary, basil, or thyme if desired.
Serve with any of the following suggestions: hot sauce, sautéed mushrooms, steamed asparagus or broccoli, mixed greens salad with tomatoes & a dijon vinaigrette, fruit salad, tomato soup, crusty whole grain bread with roasted garlic spread (Cut about 1/4″ off the top of a garlic head & remove other loose papers to expose cloves, drizzle with aquafaba – liquid from canned chickpeas – and wrap loosely in foil. Bake at 400 for 40-50 minutes or until soft. Cool slightly; push out each clove from the bottom & spread on bread.)
Nutrition Fast Fact
The Golden Spice
Used for thousands of years in India and Asian medicine and cuisine, turmeric and its golden-colored component curcumin is likely the most studied spice in science’s history, and for good reason: it’s incredibly health-promoting.
For starters, it blocks cancer at all of its stages, by repairing DNA damage from carcinogens and oxidants, and by stopping the growth and spread of cancer cells. It can help treat inflammation of all sorts, including relief for osteoarthritis, lupus, and inflammatory bowel disease.
Per Dr. Greger’s advice, it’s always combined with black pepper in LeafSide meals, so you get a safe 10-20 fold increase in its potency too.