1 Cacao Raspberry Sweet-Bowl + 6 ingredients
Makes 16 Brownies
PREP TIME: 30 minutes • COOK TIME: 60 minutes
Indulge yourself with this decadent dessert that’s sure to satisfy your sweet tooth and nourish your body! Heart healthy oats join fiber-rich dates, bananas, & raspberries, along with energizing, earthy cacao to create a fantastically fudgy confection. Enjoy this scrumptious snack anytime you need a pampering pick-me-up!
Unique Whole Plant Foods
1 LeafSide Cacao Raspberry Sweet-Bowl
3/4 cup rolled oats
1/2 cup cacao powder
3/4 cup date syrup
3/4 cup fresh raspberries
1.5 teaspoon baking powder
1/4 cup chopped pecans (optional)
Makes 16 brownies
FOOD PROCESSOR8X8 BAKING PANPARCHMENT PAPEROVEN
1. Preheat oven to 350; make oat flour by blending oats in food processor. Add LeafSide’s Cacao Raspberry Sweet-Bowl into the processor with the flour.
2. Boil 1.5 cups of water & add to processor bowl; stir into dry ingredients & set aside for 10 minutes.
3. After 10 minutes, add date syrup & raspberries to processor and blend all wet ingredients until smooth.
4. Add cacao powder & baking powder to processor and blend to combine, stopping to scrape sides as needed.
5. Line 8 x 8 baking pan with parchment paper, leaving the paper long on the sides to lift out brownies after baking.
6. Pour batter into pan, spread evenly, and top with chopped pecans and fresh raspberries as desired.
7. Bake for 1 hour. Set aside to cool for 30 minutes. Store in an airtight container in the fridge & microwave to warm before serving if desired.
Other suggested toppings: cacao nibs, blueberries, chopped almonds, chopped walnuts, cinnamon, almond butter, shredded coconut, raspberry chia seed jam
NOTE: for a party pleaser, serve with the banana nice cream flavor of your choice
Don't forget the "Nice" cream scoop on top!
- Freeze peeled, overripe bananas (black peels result in the sweetest fruit). ❄🍌
- Break apart 4 bananas and blend in a high speed blender with 2 tablespoons almond butter until creamy. 🍦
- Add 1 cup of your favorite fruit to vary the flavor (we suggest raspberries to go with the brownies) and 1/2 teaspoon of vanilla. Blend to your preferred texture, leaving some solid fruit pieces. 🍓
- Serve immediately for a soft-serve texture or freeze for 1 - 2 hours for a firmer consistency. 😋
Cacao-nt Me In
What’s better than chocolate? Well how about “raw” chocolate, lightly roasted? The cacao bean, like other beans, comes packed with phytonutrients, vitamins, minerals, and fiber, but no other bean tastes like… well, chocolate! And without the added sugar, nor any disease-promoting dairy! On top of all the nutritional benefits, cacao brings a light amount of caffeine too, giving an extra pep to your day without a crash. Toss some in your smoothie, or try one of the three LeafSide smoothies that deliver it (or enjoy our Cacao Raspberry sweet bowl), accompanied with a score of nutrient packed whole plant foods.