Every LeafSide meal provides on average 10 or more serving units from Dr. Greger’s Daily Dozen food groups — the highest standard in evidence-based WFPB (whole food plant-based) nutrition. Just add water to enjoy all the benefits, without the work.
Rich, savory tomato sauce infuses hearty beans and healthy whole grains with authentic Tex-Mex flavor for a combination that can’t be beat! 🥳 🌶️ Zesty and smoky with a hint of spice, this filling bowl has everything you love about chili—plus a few delightful surprises. 🔥😍 Mellow sweet potato and fruity mango join robust garlic, green onions, and cumin to create a mouth-watering complex flavor you’ll want to enjoy again and again. 🤤🤩
- Looking for a filling meal to help you beat the afternoon slump?😴 This is it! Complex carbs and 26 grams of plant protein work together to stabilize blood sugar and give you sustained energy. ⚡🤩 By the time you scoop up that last drop of sauce, you’re almost halfway to your basic protein requirements for the day. 💪🏻
- Chowing down on the robust, creamy black beans this chili could help you enjoy better health as you age. 🎉 As part of the legume family, black beans boost a unique metabolic regulator called FGF21 that’s associated with longevity. 👴🏻👵🏻 (This could be the secret to why there are so many centenarians in the bean-loving Blue Zones…😎)
- This mouth-watering bowl boasts a trio of whole grains—bulgur, oats, and corn grits—for an authentic chili texture without the meat. 🍲🤤 It’s a fantastic swap with big benefits for your microbiome: 23 grams of prebiotic fiber puts you three-quarters of the way toward meeting the RDA in just one meal! 👍🏻
- Bright and tender bits of kale mingle with vibrant tomatoes in a rich sauce that supports your immune system.🤒💪🏻 And it’s not just because they’re high in vitamin C: kale may actually help your white blood cells make antibodies to fight off disease! Combined with anti-inflammatory antioxidants like quercetin and lycopene, this enticing veggie duo is a delicious way to stay well all year.🥬🍅
- Nutty, crunchy pepitas (pumpkin seeds) round out the dish with a tasty texture and powerful health benefits. 🦸♂️🥜 Packed with lignans, these super seeds can fight inflammation; protect against infections; and lower the risk of cancers of the breast, prostate, and colon. 🔽👍🏻
Enjoy this sensational Southwestern meal on its own or topped with nutritional yeast and avocado for a classic chili combo. 🥑😋 Feeling adventurous? Pile some saucy spoonfuls into a whole-grain tortilla, and wrap it up into a tasty, filling burrito that’s perfect with a side of guac! 🌯